Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive Audio
The next generation of aptX
Why Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive audio?
aptX Adaptive was created to answer your demands as a tech-savvy user. It promises high resolution, uninterrupted audio that simply works, delivering a premium and robust solution.
We live in an increasingly wire-free world
Experience the same audio quality wirelessly
High resolution audio
Get the very most from your music
Designed for more than music
Enjoy glitch-free audio anywhere
Headphones for gaming
Immerse yourself in mobile gaming with synchronised audio and video
5G mobile broadband for VR & AR
Encounter new, immersive experiences, faster
The transformation of wireless audio
Discover how the ground-breaking technology behind aptX Adaptive audio improves the wireless experience.
“No statistically significant difference between Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive at 420kbit/s and Linear Audio at 24bit / 96kHz”
- Salford University independent test results, June 2018
- Low system latency approx. 80ms
- Backwards compatible with aptX & aptX HD
- Dynamic bit-rate adaptation designed to ensure consistently robust audio streaming in challenging RF environments
- Bit-error resilience is designed to help maintain audio quality in challenging RF environments
- Dynamic bit rate and latency adaptation based on handset user application focus without user intervention
- Typically, 279kbps to 420kbps
Find devices with aptX
Explore more aptX versions
Designed to deliver high definition (HD) audio over Bluetooth, to help you get the very most from your music.
Designed to deliver fully synchronized audio and video content, just the thing for using a Bluetooth wireless headset for gaming, where milliseconds mean virtual life or death.
Our original aptX technology powers the wireless sound behind many of the world’s finest smartphones, speakers, soundbars, headphones and tablets.
Qualcomm aptX is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.